Nitrous OxideWe can give you the smile you've always wanted
Nitrous Oxide is a sweet-smelling, non-irritating, colorless gas which you can breathe.
Nitrous Oxide has been the primary means of sedation in dentistry for many years.
The patient is able to breathe on their own and remain in control of all bodily functions
THERE ARE MANY ADVANTAGES TO USING NITROUS OXIDE
- The depth of sedation can be altered at any time to increase or decrease sedation.
- There is no after effect such as a “hangover”.
- Inhalation sedation is safe with no side effects on your heart and lungs, etc.
- Inhalation sedation is very effective in minimizing gagging.
- It works rapidly as it reaches the brain within 20 seconds. In as little as 2-3 minutes its relaxation and pain killing properties develop.
REASONS TO NOT USE NITROUS OXIDE
You should not utilize Nitrous Oxide if you have been diagnosed with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) or have had eye surgeries. Though there are no other major contraindications to using nitrous oxide, you may not want to use it if you have emphysema, exotic chest problems, M.S., a cold or other difficulties with breathing.